A unique two-day hiking experience in Smolikas with overnight stay in the Mountaineering Refuge of Smolikas and destination Drakolimni.
hiking | ascent to the Drakolimni of Smolikas | 17km | difficulty: medium | ages: 16+ | picnic: 2,5 hours
We depart early on Saturday morning for the village of Paleoselli (altitude: 1080m), from where we will start hiking to the mountain refuge Smolikas (altitude: 1750m). The hike takes place on a path and a forest road and is of moderate difficulty (about 4 km).
On Sunday morning we depart for the second part of the route (4.5 km) to the Drakolimni of Smolikas through a dense forest of pines and robola and after 1.5 to 2 hours we reach the Drakolimni. After admiring the unique view, we start our return to the village of Paleoselli where we will meet our picnic, powered by Apallou. After the picnic we follow a path for about 10 minutes where we will find the bus for our return to Thessaloniki.
The mountai refuge of Smolikas is a stone building with rooms for 6 people. It is located at an altitude of 1750m, at the foot of Mount Smolikas, at the location ‘La Nane’, surrounded by a dense white pine forest (robolo) and is a station for the mountaineering path O3. After sunset the interior of the shelter is illuminated with oil lamps and the absolute absence of light pollution offers a magical spectacle to the sky.
The common areas include the hall with stove, fireplace and two large dining rooms, a shower, and separate men’s/women’s WC. he shelter operates an organized kitchen for all meals of the day, while many of the meals are cooked in a traditional wood oven!
The excursion takes place with a minimum required number of entries of 15 people and a maximum of 27 people.
_the price per person is 120€ and includes:
- transfer from Thessaloniki
- accommodation in The Mountain Refuge of Smolikas
- accompanied by experienced escorts of our company
- hiking sticks
- civil liability insurance | statutory taxes
_prices do not include:
- extra meals and drinks
_do not forget:
- hiking / trekking / mountaineering shoes
- backpack (ideally 40lit)
- snacks (pastelia, chocolates, power bars) | water (1 lit)
- sleeping bag, slippers (due to protection measures are not provided by the shelter)
- personal hygiene items
- raincoat – windstopper
- kilometers on Saturday : 4km | H.D. +670m
- kilometers on Sunday: 9km (to the Drakolimni and back) & 4km
- Required physical condition: good